Flossing your teeth and gums should be done on a daily basis. Oftentimes, food particles and bad bacteria can become trapped between teeth in areas that brushing alone cannot remove. If left unchecked, plaque buildup could occur and harden to become tartar. To avoid the risks of tooth decay and gum disease, all areas of your mouth must stay clean, including between your teeth.
Make flossing a part of your daily routine. Here are some tips and guidelines to follow to make flossing an effective part of your oral health:
– Remember to floss between each tooth including flossing behind the backs of your last teeth in each row.
– Always use an approved interdental cleaner such as dental floss or an approved tool recommended by your dentist.
– Use a floss that does not easily fray or tear during use.
– Be sure to visit our dentists at Gulf Coast Smiles in Cape Coral, Florida, at least twice a year for oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Never use the same strand of floss more than once.
– Look for products that have the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always practice safe and effective flossing habits to prevent damage to your gums and teeth.
It’s important to maintain safe and effective flossing habits. If you would like to schedule an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Mauricio Martinez, please contact our office at 239.549.0001 to speak with a member of our outstanding team. Your perfect smile awaits!