Is plaque a major risk for your oral health? When plaque begins to build up over time in your mouth, it can begin to adapt substances such as sugars into harmful acids that are capable of eating through tooth enamel. When the harmful acids erode through the tooth enamel, a hole forms, called a cavity. Fight cavities with these wonderful treatments:
– Cavities can be conquered with impeccable cleaning habits including a clean smile free of plaque buildup and food particles.
– Effective cleaning tools are vital in the prevention of cavities. Use clean toothbrushes and shred-resistant dental floss to ensure your teeth are cleaned effectively. Products that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance are guaranteed to be safe and effective.
– Always speak with your dentist for oral health care tips and to schedule oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Chewing gum and mouthwash are two proven cavity-fighters that you can use to help supplement your oral health care.
– For effective oral cleaning, brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily. If traditional tools are too difficult to operate, try switching to electric toothbrushes and water flossers.
– A balanced diet is a key to optimum oral health. To avoid cavities, avoid products that are highly acidic or filled with sugar.
If you are showing signs of cavities, come visit Gulf Coast Smiles for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Mauricio Martinez and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Cape Coral, Florida, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 239.549.0001. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!