Is your oral hygiene standards at levels they need to be to ensure your teeth and gums are getting the care they deserve? Did you know that even the type of toothbrushes you use and the quality of care you give them can affect your oral health? As an instrument of oral health care for you, your toothbrush choices can affect your smile.
Here are some tips to make sure you are equipped with the best toothbrush for your pearly whites:
– Make sure that your toothbrush is the appropriate size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and is capable of reaching and cleaning all areas in your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or earlier as necessary. Look for ADA-approved products to make sure that the product is both safe and effective.
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid contamination, always keep toothbrushes distinct and never share with each other.
– Always keep your toothbrushes out of closed spaces, as they can harbor mold and other forms of bacteria.
– After using your toothbrush, clean it off and put it in a safe location.
For additional help with your progress, schedule oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings at the dentist office of Gulf Coast Smiles in Cape Coral, Florida. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Mauricio Martinez, please call our office at 239.549.0001. Preserve the health and cleanliness of your toothbrush so it can keep your teeth healthy and clean in return.