The key to a successful smile begins with the care required to maintain healthy teeth and gums. Simple health care techniques such as brushing and flossing can do wonders for keeping bad bacteria and plaque at bay. The more effort put towards your oral health, the less likely you are to develop tooth decay or gum disease.
A healthy smile is a happy smile. Practice the following oral health care habits for optimum oral hygiene:
– Avoid snacking all throughout the day and limit any between-meal snacks.
– Keep your meals well-balanced and nutritious for optimum health.
– Limit your intake of foods and snacks that can speed up plaque decay or damage your teeth.
– Consider using a cleaning product after eating a meal, such as sugarless gum, to wash away harmful bacteria and food particles and to limit the effect of harmful acids on your teeth.
– Avoid chewing or smoking tobacco, and avoid recreational drugs or medications that can cause mouth dryness.
– Visit your dentist regularly at Gulf Coast Smiles in Cape Coral, Florida for your oral exams and professional cleanings.
– Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
The first step in maintaining your oral health begins with you, but we are here to help. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Mauricio Martinez, you are welcome to call us at 239.549.0001 to speak with a member of our fantastic team. Call us today and get back on track to a healthy and happy smile!